ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR TRAVELLING ON A BUDGET: I am not a millionaire and in order to travel I always plan my budget and itineraries of my trips well ahead by searching the nets to get as much information as possible. And of course you too can do the same as I do.
That means staying in a low – medium budget accommodations e.g. YHA, going places by local buses and trains. If you know that you’ll arrive late at night then book accommodations before leaving home.
For the benefit of your own back it is essential that you travel light; pack a small to medium wheelie luggage and a small-medium bag pack.
As you might travel to some countries that are developing countries, there’re some essential items that would help and make your journeys more enjoyable. These items are:
- LIGHT WIRE COAT HANGERS; these are for hanging your underwear after shower each night
- LIGHT STRING & PEGS; for hanging swimwear and sarongs
- SINK PLUG; to plug the bath room sink when you do the washing as some budget hotel room don’t supply
- FOAM SLIPPERS; very light but useful for preventing your feet from getting germs in the shower
- CHAMOIS; as some budget hotel’s towels are not so hygienic, have your own light chamois is the best
- LIGHT-WEIGHT SARONGS; use as bottom & sheet-covered in case you’re not sure of the hotel’s hygiene
- POCKET KNIFE; handy when you want to try local fruits (don’t put in the pocket on the plane though)
- ALARM CLOCK; to wake you up so you don’t miss your plane, train, or bus
- MONEY BELT; to keep your valuable things and money safely worn inside your clothing
- SMALL TORCH; handy to have when you go out at night and in the case of electricity breakdown
- ELECTRICITY ADAPTOR; to recharge your camera batteries
- IMMERSION WATER BOILER; light to carry and convenient to make your own cup of coffee or tea
- LIGHT RAINCOAT; useful to have if you travel in the rainy season
- SMALL LIGHT UMBRELLA; handy to have in your backpack for unexpected shower from the sky
- TISSUES PURSE; handy to have as toilets in some countries don’t supply toilet papers
- PURIFYING WATER BOTTLE; more economical and safer to make your own drinking water
- HAT; good to have especially in the countries that have tropical climate
- LONG-SLEEVE BLOUSE/SHIRT; for preventing your arms from sunburn and if a bit chilly at night